Tuesday 15 August 2017

On conflating conservatives and alt.right with no-nazi white supremacists

I have made the following remarks on Facebook

Some interim thoughts about Charlottesville

Seemorerocks


Neo-Nazis attacking black school teacher De’Andre Harris with iron bars and lumber in a parking garage in Charlottesville on Saturday, Aug 12. © Zach D Roberts, 2017.


I have been asked if I am supporting White Supremacists.

The answer is MOST DECIDEDLY NOT.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that there was violence by extremist on BOTH sides - neo-nazis and Antifa.

Both sides came in the expectation that there would be violence, something that came at least partially because the police stood aside and allowed Antifa thugs to attack demonstrators from the other side.

It seems to me that the violence was perpetrated by tiny minorities on both sides (raising the question of agents provocateurs) while the majority of participants, whether Right or Left, were peaceable and had no violence in mind.

These are interim conclusions I have come to based on what I have seen and heard from afar.

What the situation demands is cooler heads and a proper discussion, not the hurling of epithets.

However the situation is febrile and I would almost guarantee that these are the first shots in a new civil war. As in any civil war there is no side that is 100% right or wrong - once you take the extremists on Left and Right out of the equation.

One thing I take as a given is that outlets such as the Clinton News Network (CNN) are full of lies. Alt.right sources like InfoWars are so full of their own bias as to be ignored as well.

Their is conflation amongst what I take to be liberal fascists of alt.right, conservative with white supremacist and neo-nazi.

If your mind Is made up and you think everyone who doesn't agree with your position is white supremacist I invite you to go elsewhere, defriend me - or whatever.

In the meantime I shall try to find something approaching the truth amidst this febrile environment.

I am not an American ( and I thank God for that!) and so at not understand many nuances.

My main interest, as an outsider, is how this affects the rest of the world.

But as an outsider I can tell you the end of the Empire (in the same sense as the collapse of the USSR) cannot come quickly enough for me.

Your country and its regime are a threat to the entire humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.