Monday 23 February 2015

Mike Ruppert's first radio show

This first broadcast of the Lifeboat Hour, after Mike moved from LA and while he was in Sebastopol, Ca. is rich in memories for me.


I had encountered Mike's work for the first time earlier in the year (by watching the movie Collapse, shown at the Wellington Film festival). It was not long before I broke my arm coming off my horse, Biscuit which marked the beginning of a long decline in my personal health. 

I started this blog in April, 2011.

So much water has gone under the bridge. Those where the days when our attention was directed towards Peak Oil and the collapse of industrial society. A realisation had come of the hopelessness on the climate front, with COP15 in Copenhagen but it was some time before the discovery of the first positive feedback - and before Mike discovered the work of Guy McPherson which made Mike reconsider his position of what was most important.

It was after Deepwater Horizon but before the tsunami and the Fukushima catastrophe which changed everything.

I hope you find listening to this as interesting as I have. 

The first Lifeboat Hour broadcast – 12 September, 2010


To hear the podcast GO HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.